Donations

Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Black Hair Plight...

This is the story of my struggle to find someone to do my hair in "middle of nowhere," Indiana...

All my friends know I have been complaining about the area of which I now live due to my Husband's job (Praise the Lord of the blessing)

It took me away from the city that has everything...Atlanta...the Black Hollywood...

Since moving here I have resorted to shopping online, gave up finding good Sushi or Chinese food and a night life all together :(

Pre-hair plight...
       I have natural hair thus I need a good straightening, hydration machine, and blowout
       'Middle of nowhere' Indiana has already messed up my eyelashes, pedicure, body waxing, etc, so I'm justified in my fear of getting my hair 'did'
Start hair plight...
       Calling around to find a hairstylist I knew would be a struggle, however didn't expect to hear/use words or phrases such as:

  • "We don't have anyone comfortable doing "Ethnic" hair"
  • "We don't use a hot comb, fyi"
  • "You don't have perm, are you mixed?"
  • "Our 'Ethnic' stylist is no longer with us"
  • "I have some black hair clients"
  • "Hydration machine, what's that and why is it used?"
If I have to educated the stylist on proper hair drying techniques and/or put them up on new products they won't be getting this business

Plight continues...
 

1 comment:

  1. You may have to drive to South Bend...I will contact Ricks cousin Melanie for you...

    ReplyDelete