Donations

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pageant Life..



My first pageant is now over and I must say it was sooooo much fun!!! I learned a lot about myself and from the wonderful women I met. Let me tell you those women were/are amazing!!! I have truly made some good friends.


Some people have asked me if it is really like what is shown on television. Well, the pageant I was in was probably 30% like that. I have heard stories about other pageant systems being nightmares with girls insulting one another, hiding clothes/shoes, watching you struggle while getting dress, etc. I am glad to say the delegates in this years Mrs. United States Pageant were sweet as pie and always offering a helping hand. The women in the class of 2012 Mrs. United States come from inspiring backgrounds and real life issues (some of them have rich happy issues, but who am I to downgrade issues) Since I don't like to fake the funk here goes:


Out of the 53 other delegates I met, I can honestly say 90% are awesome people, the other 10% I would slap under normal circumstances. However, I believe there is a book out there entitled: Pageant Mind Games: How to BS Your way to a Crown!! Trust me when I tell you there were some serious mind games being played, which are hilarious when you don't let that bother you and even funnier when you see it effecting others. 


It's quite amusing everyone is so nice, then finals are announced and people get real!!


in the mean time between time check out these awesome pics I took with my new friends: 

Make-up by: Harmony Artistry Hair and Make-Up services
http://harmonyartistry.weebly.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment